Football is a physically-demanding sport that provides plethora of health benefits for players at any age. Football training camps boosts cardiovascular health while promoting physical strength, agility, and endurance that will take you miles of advantages that extends beyond the football field.
Why Play Football?
Just like soccer, football is a popular team sport that helps build the right mindset and also keeps players detail- and goal-oriented which is important in winning the game. It helps unlock strong work ethics that value responsibility, teamwork, and accountability wherein you play as one and not just as individuals.
This game is usually played in winter of fall however if you want to be a good player, it is important to train all year round, regardless of the seasonal changes. Football training camps help team train at any weather or circumstance. Athletic directors and coaches organize these training camps for players during summer.
There’s a lot of legwork that comes into setting up a successful football training camp. It starts with location or where you would hold football training sessions. Most training camps are ideally conducted outdoors because players should get used to playing on dirt or right at the football arena. Players should get a feel of how it is to play on a real football field where they could run and dribble in the mud.
Cyprus has been a popular location to organize football camps. In fact, international football teams have chosen Cyprus for their winter football trainings. They also organize warm weather football training camps and top-of-the-line facilities that ensure success for every football training camp in the island.
Some circumstances though would necessitate playing indoors especially during winter or when outdoor training is deemed impossible. Nevertheless, playing on the football field is still highly recommended.
Organizing a Football Training Camp in Cyprus
When planning a football training camp, you have to be organized and check on the necessary paperwork or permits needed as well as the staff, location, and gear that you need to include on your to-do list. Here is our simple guide on how to organize football training in Cyprus:
- Check on government or state requirements for compliance. Plan your football training camp by checking first on your local government to see what forms or permits you would need to secure before you operate. There would usually be an operation insurance or permit required for such. Waivers are also needed to be signed by the parents or guardians for minors or student athletes. Also, a power of attorney is also needed by the coach or training staff in order to make prompt decisions for players in case of emergency.
- Organize the training camp for football teams. You should determine the type of training camp you would want to establish depending on your target players and activity lineup. There are basically two types of training academy camps – day camps and overnight camps. With day camps, these require more days as compared to overnight camps but are considered cheaper than doing overnighters. With overnight camps, these are typically more physically-challenging, intense, and expensive. It is advisable to hold football training camps in June or July which is near the practice session to keep them all revved up for the game; especially for players with little or no experience in playing football.
- Determine the price range. Create camp price packages that will suit different types of budget. The price range of a football training camp would depend on myriad of factors such as the duration or type of camp. It is important to keep a convenient and itemized price list handy for the players, parents, and sponsors. You would also want to keep tab of other fees like for equipment or food.
- Create a program syllabus. The training program syllabus depends primarily on the camp type. The program syllabus should include the daily schedule or routine of players while on training. The length or frequency of conditioning sessions largely depends on the age range of players. Depending on the number of players, you can schedule shifts like for instance half of the players can work on the defensive drills in the morning while the other half are also doing offensive drills.
- Hire or select trained experts and staff members. Choose professional mentors, referees, and coaches for your football training camp. You can also ask for football players from local universities or teams to volunteer in the training camps as trainer, coaches, mentors, and referees.
- Promote your football training camp. Advertise your training camp by distributing flyers or posting on social media sites and related groups. You can also create a website for the training camp that will provide a detailed overview regarding the camp’s objectives and guidelines. This should also include the location and duration of training plus what to expect from the training camp. Provide your contact information as well as registration guidelines so interested parents and players can get in touch and sign up right away.
During the training camp, you should be able to fulfill the following guidelines:
- Draw out the strengths and improve on the weaknesses. Coaching is important with organizing pre-season football training camp. Most campers are typically inexperienced and would just be playing football for the first time. You have to spot their strengths and weaknesses and help them harness that in the team. Watch them while on practice sessions and then separate players into special, offensive, and defensive teams. You can rearrange their designations in the training program depending on age and if there are any improvements noted on their performance levels. Make sure that your know how to critique and praise when necessary as this will help enhance their skills and capacity.
- Maximize your players’ strength and technique with proper football conditioning. How to organize football training in Cyprus? You have to keep track of your schedule and stick to it. Train your campers on the basics of proper football conditioning to enhance their flexibility, endurance, speed, and strength. Football-specific endurance workouts and interval training is necessary to enhance performance.
- Provide adequate breaks. Every player would need to take a break for meals and also for keeping hydrated even during intense practice sessions. This will help ensure that they are in tip-top shape while on camp. Provide your campers with an itinerary so they would know how to organize their schedule and manage time.
- Keep the camping facility safe and organized. There should be designated lockers or storage areas for your campers’ equipment and personal items. Make sure that the facility you choose is maintained safe and sanitary for daily use by players.
- Provide evaluation. Keep your campers and parents in the loop by providing a progress report or evaluation during their time at training camps. This will serve as their final evaluation of skills and competency level plus areas to improve on.
Football training camps staged in Active-Cyprus is geared for success. The venues are assembled to provide top-notch services and arrangements that will definitely give a bang for your buck. More so, the sports tourism industry in Cyprus is robust and endearing which can guarantee the best travel experience and football training arrangements that cater to any budget range.